. comes with other flavours ain't so mild for you.
I saw this guy on my dash, and I just couldn’t help myself.
Screentoning in photoshop
Inactive artblog is inactive. So have another tutorial. This one circling around halftones/screentones. There’s a million ways to do this, but I’m just showing you guys the way I use most.
- Prepping art. Treat your tonework the same as you would treat your colored work in photoshop on a separate layer from your lineart. You should do perfectly fine using 1-2 layers just on tone work.
- Make sure you work in grayscale. You’ll tell from the later steps if you are or aren’t. And you can’t change if afterwards else it’ll cause a moire effect.
- Much like you would with color work, select with the magic wand area. This case, I selected the hair. I expand my select area to make sure I don’t have a awkward halo effect in the grays. Expanding 1-2 pixels works fine.
- Fill in the area with grays. The Darker the grays the the darker the tone.
- The pixelate window is where will be doing the majority of tone work. The two options used the most is “Color Halftone” and “Mezzotint” Will go into halftone first.
- In the halftone window you can choose the size and dot angle. The “Max. Radius” section you can change and control how fine your tonework can be. Larger the number, larger your dots. Screen angles I usually leave alone. After you decide on a radius, hit okay.
Now For Mezzotint
- Doing the same steps above, I fill with grays. You can do this on the same layer with no problem. Or you can choose to use a separate layer for each effect.
- This time going into mezzotint we’ve have a list a chooses. Each one does have nice tone results so I would check them all out. I’ll just stick with “Fine dots” to make a noise texture.
For the most part, that’s it. You can do the same thing with patterns, gradients and images or you can invert (cmd+i/ctrl+i) for invert tones. While it’s true you could download patterns to do the same thing, some patterns might be of low resolution and won’t give you the look you want personally.
reblogging in case i ever need it!
Monster girl / boy generator: Huge succubus girl who wears casual clothing and wants Screw
whoops I kind of forgot the casual clothing part but maybe that’s casual clothing for a succubus??? I did a bunch of these but she’s my favorite <3
LOOK HERE, THIS IS A GIVEAWAY!
Here’s the deal, this is a Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet that I got last Christmas for sixty bucks. I used it CONSTANTLY for about a week, and then I stopped using it because, in all honesty, drawing is not my passion. It is gently used, some scratches on the side where the light is on, the screen has common wear, but it’s only been used for a few days straight! I never use it anymore and it’s been collecting dust in my house, so I decided why not a giveaway?
This giveaway is open to EVERYONE.
The package will include:
- Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet
- Wacom Pen w/ 2 replacement nibs
- One gently used nib (already in pen)
- This metal thing that came with it
idk wtf it is man
Now, for the RULES:
- Reblog ONCE only. Any more will be a disqualification!
- Likes DO count, so if you like and reblog this will get you TWO entries.
- You don’t have to be following me. I would LOVE it if you did, I reblog video game things and drawings I find cool, but seriously, don’t follow me just for this contest, that’d be lame.
- Winner will be contacted via Ask box, therefore it MUST be open.
- This Contest will end November eighteenth.
If you have ANY questions, please, ask! I’m a nice person and I love talk, just hit up my ask box.
sorry for bad picture quality i am not an artist HAHAHAHA